East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust (EKHUFT) offer work experience/open days in the following disciplines:
- Physiotherapy /Occupational Therapy
- Speech & language Therapy
Although we are able to offer some work experience placements across East Kent Hospitals, due to the high demand from college/sixth form students and independent candidates, we will not be able to provide placements for all.
We recognise the importance that work experience can have in shaping future career pathways for students and independent applicants. If we are unable to offer you a work experience placement, we suggest that you consider the options listed below. Not all of the specialities below offer work experience for all disciplines
- Nursing homes
- Residential homes
- Care homes including learning disabilities
- Children's nurseries
- GP surgeries
- Community Health Trusts - This will include district nursing, health visiting, schools nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietetics.
- Prison services
- Home care service providers
These areas can offer similar 'caring' experiences to working in EKHUFT and meet the evidence required on UCAS application forms.
For details of entry requirements and who to contact, please see the Work Experience Contact page.