Virtual Training Event
Webex Trans awareness training delivered online by Hilary Cooke from Medway Gender & Sexual Diversity Centre.
The session will include an overview of transgender equality discrimination and transphobic hate crime and Trans and non-binary identities focusing on:
- Why it is considered to be an act of discrimination to miss gender trans-and non-binary people under 2010 equality act
- Effect of the incorrect use of gendered language on trans and non-binary people especially for those who are diagnosed with gender in congruence a sexual health condition
- Trans-and non-binary inclusive language and the use of pronouns
- Examples of language and actions that can be seen as acts of discrimination of trans-and non-binary people
- Examples of language and actions that can be seen as acts supporting trans-and non-binary people
Each session lasts for about an hour.
- Wednesday 3 February 12pm
- Thursday 11 February 1pm
- Thursday 18 February 2pm
- Thursday 25 February 12.30pm
- Thursday 4 March 1.30pm
- Thursday 11 March 2pm
Click on the link below to book your free place on one of the sessions.