Chief Medical Officer
History with the Trust
Dr Rebecca Martin joined East Kent Hospitals as Chief Medical Officer on 18 February 2020, from Mid Essex Hospitals where she was the Deputy Medical Director and Responsible Officer.
- Joint executive lead for Clinical Quality and Patient Safety
- Responsible Officer
- Clinical strategy
- Professional Leadership to medical staff
- Senior Responsible Officer for We Care Quality Improvement Operational Management System
- Corporate Licence Holder for HTA licence
- Medical education
- Research and Innovation
- Clinical responsibility for IT programme
- Clinical effectiveness
- Executive Lead Learning from Deaths
Rebecca graduated from the University of Nottingham and completed her specialist training at the Nottingham and East Midlands School of Anaesthesia.
Rebecca was Consultant in Burns Anaesthesia and Intensive Care at Mid Essex Hospitals, Chelmsford in 2003.
She was the Clinical Lead for Burns ITU and a member of the Executive Committee of the British Burn Association, the National Organiser and Course Director for the ‘Emergency Management of Severe Burns’ course and a member of the Clinical Reference Group for Burns.
During this time she supported revision of National Burn Care Standards and was a panel member for the Confidential Enquiry into Major Burns in Children.
She was appointed and served for six years as Royal College of Anaesthetists Tutor.