East Kent Hospitals Charity
East Kent Hospitals Charity raises funds for the wards and services provided by East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.
Through the generous support of individuals and organisations in the community we:
- Fund vital medical research
- Provide specialist equipment at the cutting edge of technology
- Improve treatment facilities
- Support staff development
- Create a healing environment to promote well-being within clinical spaces.
We aim to make our hospitals and healthcare services the very best they can be for our patients as well as their families and the staff treating them.
Visit the East Kent Hospitals Charity website to see how you can get involved.
Leagues of Friends
There are five separate Leagues of Friends' or 'Friends' in east Kent which individually support the five hospitals across the Trust. Each League of Friends is a voluntary organisation and registered charity which supports the work of the hospitals by providing much needed extra equipment and comforts for the benefit of patients and staff through the income raised by the work of volunteers.
The League of Friends use the proceeds from fundraising to purchase a wide variety of objects for the hospitals. This includes small essentials and luxuries that improve the comfort of patients and staff (such as televisions, emergency toiletry packs and Christmas decorations). Furthermore, the charities help the hospitals to purchase larger and more expensive pieces of medical equipment. This has included ripple mattresses, patient lifting aids and hoists, defibrillators and blood pressure monitors.
Volunteers run a wide variety of events, from annual fetes, concerts and quiz nights to shops for patients, visitors and hospital staff. Volunteers and fundraisers are always required to help. This is a rewarding and worthwhile cause in support of your local hospital. So if you can spare a couple of hours each week or you are interested in supporting an event it is requested you contact the appropriate League of Friends.
If you would like to be a League of Friends volunteer, or send a contribution to the funds it raises for the hospital, please contact:
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital League of Friends
- e-mail: TBC
- Phone: 01843 234507
- Internal extension: 725 4507
- Address: QEQM Hospital League of Friends, St Peters Road, Margate, CT9 4AN.
Kent and Canterbury Hospital League of Friends
- Website: www.lofkch.org.uk
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: Admin office 01227 864030, Shop Enquiries 01227 864035
- Internal extension: 722 4030
- Address: K&C League of Friends, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Friends of the William Harvey Hospital
Buckland Hospital Dover League of Friends
- Phone: 01303 248016
- Address: Buckland Hospital League of Friends. Coombe Valley Road, Dover, Kent, CT17 0HD
Royal Victoria Hospital Folkestone League of Friends
- Phone: 01303 248016
- Address: Royal Victoria Hospital League of Friends, Radnor Park Avenue, Folkestone, Kent, CT19 5BN.