Practices in your local NHS Clinical Commissioning Group are making changes to improve your care by making it possible for hospital clinicians, who are treating you, to view parts of your GP clinical record.
Hospital clinicians will only be allowed to access your GP record if you agree they can.
Why would my GP record be shared with clinicians?
Your GP practice has the best, most complete and up-to-date record of your health and any treatment you are receiving.
By sharing this information it will:
- Improve the quality of care you receive
- Improve the safety of your care
- Act as a prompt to make it easier for you to talk about (and remember) your medical history
- Reduce the number of times you have to tell your history
- Ensure patient’s wishes are followed in relation to end of life care (where appropriate).