It is not unusual for people to lose their appetite when they are unwell, because of the illness itself, the treatment and drugs or worry. But people who are well nourished are likely to recover more quickly.
- Small frequent meals with snacks if possible in between
- Eat favourite foods
- Don't try to lose weight by 'healthy eating'
- Pick the high energy choices from the menu
- Try to have a milky drink between meals – aim for one pint full fat milk daily
- Ask for assistance with eating and drinking if necessary.