Red Mats / Red trays are available in all area’s to visually highlight to staff the patient needs assistance and/or monitoring at mealtimes.
The Red Lid System is a red lid placed on the patient’s water jug and/or red cups/glasses to visually highlight to staff that a patient needs assistance and/or monitoring with hydration at all times.
- Patients who have a MUST score of 2 or more will need a Red Mat/ Red Tray and/or Red Lid
- All patients who are having a record of intake recorded on a food chart or fluid chart will use the Red Mats and /or Red Tray and/or Red Lid System
- The principle of the Red Tray / Red Mat and Red Lid System will be established within the ward routine and structured day
- The principles of the Red Tray / Red Mat and Red Lid System is provided in local induction training for all staff
- Patients and their relatives must be made aware of the Red Tray and Red Lid System by ward staff
- Serco staff will not remove Red Trays from patients without liaising with the nursing staff first
- Serco staff will not remove Red Lid drinking device from patients without liaising with the nursing staff first.
If you have any worries or concerns about this, then please speak to the nurse in charge.