Are any of these situations familiar?
- Do other people seem to mumble rather than speak clearly to you?
- Do people often have to repeat things for you before you understand what they say?
- Do you have difficulty understanding what is being said in noisy places, such as pubs or restaurants, even though other people manage to have conversations?
- When you are talking to people in a group, is it hard to keep up with the conversation?
- Do you find it tiring to listen to conversations because you have to concentrate hard?
- Do other people think your television or music is too loud but you cannot hear it properly if they turn it down?
- Do you often have difficulty hearing on the telephone?
If you experience any of these situations, you may have hearing loss. What happens now? Below is a guide as to how your patient journey may develop from here: