Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at William Harvey Hospital is a specialist intensive care unit with 25 cots. We provide intensive care for newborn babies from across the region.
Facilities for parents
A parents/visitors' sitting room is available for your use and we also have limited accommodation available on hospital grounds for parents. Please be aware that priority for those rooms is given to parents whose babies are critically ill.
We do encourage you to stay with your baby prior to going home. Unfortunately if you are staying in the unit we are not able to accommodate brothers or sisters to stay the night.
Important things to remember
- When you come into the unit please use the cloakroom for your coats and bags
- Please wash your hands prior to entering the nursery
- Please do not leave any valuables unattended on the unit
- Lockers are available in the cloakroom and keys can be provided
- Please use a cot to move your baby around the unit rather than carrying baby
- Please keep hot drinks away from your baby
- Switch off all mobile phones as they may interfere with equipment.
For more information regarding facilities, car parking and directions to the hospital, please go to William Harvey Hospital homepage