Motor neurone disease (MND) is an uncommon condition that affects the brain and nerves. It causes weakness that gets worse over time.
We help people with MND, their families and carers by coordinating care and, thereby, reducing the disruption to life as much as possible.
Our team comprises off an MND nurse, Respiratory Consultant, Consultant Neurologist along with various community health professionals, including:
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language therapists
- Communication aids specialists
- MND Association volunteer visitors
- MND Association regional care and development advisor.
Our multi-disciplinary team meet every six to eight weeks where we discuss each patient to ensure a seamless service between teams.
Referrals to the team can be made by:
- Person with M.N.D, family/relative or carer(s)
- Consultant Neurologist (specialist in diseases of the nervous system)
- Other professionals involved in persons care.
- Referrals can be made via letter, provided the person with MND is aware of and has a definite diagnosis.
Referrals should be made to:
Dr Moran Consultant Neurologist Christine Batts, MND Nurse Specialist telephone: 07771 841690 (mobile)
Cheryl Wright Secretary Dr Moran telephone: 01227 868716
Kay Shaw: Secretary to MND nurse specialist telephone: 01227 868093
Working hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8.30am to 2.30pm
Tower Neuro Rehab Unit,
Kent and Canterbury Hospital,
Ethelbert Road, Canterbury,
Kent, CT1 3NG
Kent and Canterbury hospital map