Christine (Chrissie ) Batts, Specialist Nurse is employed by East Kent Hospital University Foundation Trust ( EKHUFT ) to support, help, and provide information to those living with MND, their families, and carers. Elements of her role are:
- Referral to multidisciplinary professionals in health and social care
- Coordinate appointment within MND clinic
- Provide advice and support regarding symptoms
- Complete an assessment of health needs
- Provide advisory support
- Ensure liaison with other agencies
- Assist with discharge planning from hospital
- Ensure family are supported
- Assist with benefits advice and support applications
- Contact/refer to MND Association for social support, finances, grants
Chrissie can visit you at mutually agreed intervals, dates, and times in your own home. She will be in contact with your GP so that they are aware of the team’s involvement and they can share in the team approach to your care.
She is also present at the twice monthly clinic held at WHH Ashford where a careful assessment of your condition will be made. Dr Prathibha Respiratory Consultant is present and other specialists may be available to provide help and advice so that a co-ordinated approach towards your care is achieved.
Chrissie works closely with and often liaises with the MND Regional Care Centre and Research Centre, Kings College Hospital, London; neurologists and other specialist teams including Pilgrims Hospice.