The Haematology and Blood Transfusion Laboratory Service, including Phlebotomy, operates within East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust and includes:
1. William Harvey Hospital (WHH), Ashford – main automated Haematology laboratory
2. Kent and Canterbury Hospital (K&C), Canterbury – Cross-trained laboratory serving an array of specialist services including Renal/Vascular and Haemato-Oncology and supporting an Urgent Care Centre. The diagnostics base for the Flow Cytometry Service and large scale research activities within the Trust.
3. Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital (QEQM), Margate – Cross trained laboratory. The base for East Kent’s specialist Haemoglobinopathy laboratory service
4. Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH), Folkestone
5. Buckland Hospital (BHD), Dover
Click here for more information about blood tests
There is a 24-7 / 365 day diagnostic laboratory service offered at WHH, K&C and QEQM hospitals with full blood transfusion and haematology cover during these times, supported by our expert team of Biomedical Scientists, Assistant Healthcare Scientists, Associate Practitioners and Apprentice staff.
The Trust's blood transfusion service maintains full MHRA compliance and actively supports the Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Service.
The Haematology and Blood Transfusion Service at East Kent Hospitals is a UKAS assessed service to standard ISO 15189:2012.
UKAS Scope of Accreditation UKAS Certificate of Accreditation
All tests not listed on this scope are not accredited to ISO 15189:2012 but are within the governance of the quality management system.
More information about blood tests can be found at Lab Tests Online UK