A Video Appointment has been arranged for your child. This is not a face-to-face appointment so please do not come to the hospital. Please, make sure you are able to join the video call, using the link that will be sent to you by text message, on the day of the appointment
Before your appointment
- Figure out camera angles: set up camera with any natural light (e.g. window) behind it if possible
- Have a spot where the child can be fully visualised
- We may ask the child to stand, walk, squat and move so we can see how the child is moving
- We recommend that child is wearing shorts so we can see how the foot / leg is moving
- Avoid wearing headphones / earbuds so we can talk to the child
- Have a toy or a snack available to help with the appointment
- Have braces / boots and bars / shoes and insoles available. If they are time consuming to put on, we can start the appointment in the brace and then remove them after the standing and walking activity.
- Think about goals – what you and your child would like to achieve / get better at.
- Being able to see child and young person in their home give us better opportunities to enhance independence in the home
- You can send us a photos (of the feet, knees) in advance if you wish (note: please make sure they dress appropriately on the photo)