East Kent Hospitals are keen to support individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in adult nursing. Work experience provides an opportunity to observe how nursing care is delivered in a busy acute hospital setting.
Criteria for Eligibility for Work Experience
- Work Experience in adult nursing are offered to individuals over the age of 16
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in pursuing a nursing career.
- Preferably lives within East Kent.
- Working towards A/Levels or healthcare qualification
- Can demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation and a professional attitude.
Entry Requirements for University
You will need the following:
- 5 GCSEs grades A – C (one in English and one in Maths or Science) and 2 A Levels grade C or above OR
- Equivalent qualifications such as EDEXCEL Foundation (BTEC) National, Access courses; Higher national diploma (Please check the entry requirement for the university of your choice)
- Total of 260 UCAS points.
Nursing degree programmes are offered by many universities all over the country, but Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU) is our local higher education institution. You will need to decide the branch of nursing you are interested in as there is the opportunity to study any of the following nursing specialities:
- Adult nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Learning disability Nursing.
East Kent Hospitals aim to provide 5 Adult nursing placements monthly
Students will be under direct supervision whilst on placement to ensure their own and patient safety.
Work experience placements can be organised on all hospital sites:
- William HarveyHospital
- Kent& Canterbury Hospital
- Queen Elizabeth Queen Mother Hospital
- Buckland Hospital
To apply, please fill in the application form
All application forms to be returned by email to Katrina Virgo Katrina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Work experience places are limited; we may prioritise placements based on your personal statement on the application form.
Some adult nursing placements have age restrictions due to the nature of the work involved and in compliance with the 'Young Person at Work Policy' and Health and Safety legislation.